Thursday, March 15, 2007

Some mornings arrive too early

Before the photos get posted on Alistair's site, let me say this: I had fun last night.

Dinner, drinks, cigars and conversation with two of my closest friends and I met Tony Schellinck, one of Alistair's friends who was his prof at Dal.

We started with dinner prepared by Alistair, including his handmade pasta. Then Tony showed us the deep space photos he took using a Canon SLR camera, a tripod for extended exposure time, a telescope and a webcam. Pretty cool, really. Who knew Orion had a scabbard under his belt? These are not Tony's photos, but you get the idea.

Then it was cigars on the beach while sitting on Alistair's Beachcombers log. We knew it was time to go back inside when the conversation turned into pirate jokes.

We continued the evening with more conversation and drinks until Tony left around 11 PM. Then it was on to Guitar Hero, a PS2 game that Alistair had been selling me on all week. I have to say, I don't know why I doubted Alistair. I am sure Alistair is reading this, saying, "Why do you ever doubt me, Phil?". The game was really fun and I think it helps if you are familiar with the songs and/or have some background with a musical instrument. Alistair wants Philson and me to come over this weekend so we can play it. I think I will take him up on that invitation.

After playing the video game, Alistair, Dave and I had a serious conversation about Sig and how to solve its problems. Solving the world's problems will have to wait until another night, I suppose.

The alarm went off at 7:30 this morning. I think some mornings arrive too early.

In Hoc Signo Vinces, my brothers!

No comments: