Monday, February 5, 2007

Manning can get rid of that monkey now

Quite a game, especially the 4 turnovers in the first half. I was on the edge of my chair for most of it. Watched the game with my brother-in-law Gord, we ate way too much (OK, just me) but that is part of the ritual with Super Bowl.

I figured Manning would get MVP because the voters love Manning and want to help him dispel those critics of the past 9 years. Certainly his stats show he deserved it, although I don't think the would have won without the Addai-Rhodes show.

I was not surprised by Grossman's performance. How he has stayed in the starter position for this long is beyond me. I guess this is one case where the QB is saved by his team again and again and the coach is staying with "the one who brung" him, even though "the one who brung" him actually had a 0.0 passer rating in a game earlier this year. You want your QB to have a passer rating of at least 80. Over 100 is good. The highest possible rating is 158.3, while 0.0 is ridiculous. More on Passer Rating.

One of the reasons that both football fans and non-fans watch the Super Bowl is for the advertisements. A bonus feature of having HD cable -- beside watching the game in HD -- is being able to watch the American ads and not have to sit through innumerable airings of Greco Pizza and Perma-Crete foundation repair ads. Here is a fun way to decide which was the best ad during the Super Bowl. I ended up choosing CareerBuilder "Jungle", although the Emerald Nuts "Goulet" ad was pretty good too. Of course the Bud ads were funny, especially "Slap".

Even though the Pats weren't in it, I had a good time. Enough with the football posts for a while now.

No comments: