Monday, September 17, 2007

Dave and Jenn's Wedding

Cheryl and I went to the reception for Dave and Jenn Finlayson's wedding on Saturday, July 21. It was held at Pier 21 on the Halifax waterfront. I have been to a few functions there and it is a good space to hold large events.

It was great to see Dave and Jenn so happy and it was also fun to see so many Sigs, especially some whom I haven't seen for year. As I mentioned at the time, this was the most successful Ball that Dave has ever organized! There were probably about 30 Sigma Chi's in attendance out of a few hundred people, so when we gathered together to toast the bride, the other guests must have been surprised.

Big Fish were not as spectacular as I remember them, maybe because they changed their male lead singer since I last saw them in concert. As with most bands, changing the singer (surprisingly even for a cover band like Big Fish) substantially alters the sound of the music, so that was disappointing.

Since the reception, Dave and Jenn have bought a house in Bedford (a few doors away from Tony and Liz), so they are well on their way to building their life together. Cheers, you two!

No comments: